We are hiring a Production Developer
GreenIron is looking for a Production Developer who will be involved in establishing GreenIron in the Nordics and eventually globally. In your role, you will participate in the planning and development of our production facilities, from establishment to full-scale production.
GreenIron in short
Our mission is to contribute to a historic reduction in CO2-emissions from the production of iron, steel and non-ferrous metals – a sector that accounts for approx. 8% of the global greenhouse gas emissions. We want to contribute to creating a completely CO2-free value chain, from the extraction of ore to the production of steel and various metals. Our greatest focus is on paving the way for a circular paradigm by producing valuable commodities from residues and waste. The customer as well as supplier group is the mining, steel, foundry, and manufacturing industries.
About the job
The Production Developer will work with the development and streamlining of our production process regarding safety, economy, quality, material flows and maintenance. This means that you will be involved in developing new production methods as well as come up with proposals for improvements to further develop and streamline the entire production chain. You will communicate with a number of stakeholders, both internal and external, and be part of a team together with experts in various areas of expertise.
You will play an important role in our commitment to ensuring that each production facility operates in line with established environmental and safety requirements. You will work on continuous improvement; LEAN, instructions, technical preparation, simulation programs and in the future also with competence transfer between different facilities. The location is Stockholm, but the position includes traveling within Sweden and the Nordic region as well as
internationally. The production developer reports to our COO Ulrika Molander, who has overall, operational responsibility for our upcoming establishments.
Tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Simulations in connection with the construction and operation of various production lines and factories
- Development and implementation of the LEAN methodology
- Technical preparation of articles and maintenance in our business system
- Work and maintenance instructions
- Follow-up and analysis of OEE, i.e. improvements and streamlining of production methods and process flows
- Participation in various projects, in e.g. digitisation, planning, etc.
Expected competences and characteristics:
- Analytical with problem solving skills
- Good ability to communicate
- Knowledge of project methodology
- Good experience in production, production technology and LEAN
- Knowledge of production and development processes and ability to come up with suggestions for improvements and cost savings
- Interest in working within environment, health, safety and quality
- Good ability to both write and communicate in English
In term of education, you have an engineering background. It counts as a merit if you have experience from the manufacturing industry.
GreenIrons process is CO2-free
- We use fossil free hydrogen as reducing agent. This means that water becomes the only by-product. One GreenIron furnace is expected to reduce CO2-emissions by approx. 56,000 tons per year.
- Our technology is energy efficient as it works with three forces of nature: temperature, pressure, and gravity. This means the hydrogen consumption is minimal in the process and decreases the energy costs.
- The process is cycle-based, which makes it possible to vary the input material from batch to batch. The first batch may consist of oxidised scale-based pellets, the second of grinding swarf, the third of magnetite, etc.
- Our production process is scalable. We can adapt the capacity entirely to our customers’ needs, whether it´s a single furnace or e.g. 10 interconnected furnaces.
- The possibility of small-scale solutions means that our furnaces can be placed locally, in connection with steel and rolling mills, foundries, mines, etc., just about anywhere on our globe.
To become the global metals and mining sectors most respected and innovative CO2-free company. By leading our industry´s transformation from a linear to a circular economy.
Our Higher Purpose
To act for a CO2-free circular value chain – from ore and metal by-products to metals – in the metals and mining industry. With our cutting-edge technology we are fully prepared to be at the forefront of the transition to circularity, in order to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
Our Core Values
GreenIron is a purpose driven company, which means that we see business as a driving force for good. We see our values as part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act. Our common basis of values for reaching our vision are the following:
- We prioritise safety
- We think big
- We believe in collaboration
- We are curious and ambitious
If you are looking for additional information about GreenIron, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with this website.
If you have questions about the role, please contact our COO, Ulrika Molander, at +46 70 288 33 94 or email@example.com